"I learn as much as possible during the training "
Okoli Onyebuchi, KPMG
I am pleased to express my opinion about the training session for CBAP held in Lagos in April 2012 and are grateful to OS Concepts for giving me a practical touch to the study of Business Analysis. The passion and mastery of different aspects of the subject exhibited by the facilitator has exposed practitioners like me to salient opportunities where I can add value to the business. Exchange of ideas from participants from different backgrounds and industries made the class memorable with capacity forge a strong network of professionals. I could not ask for more.
Ndubuisi Ojimadu - Manager, Financial Systems, Etisalat Nigeria
Projects fail for many reasons – not delivering to cost or quality, missing deadline or simply not meeting project scope. In fact some organizations have a history of overwhelming project failure that threatens their existence simply because project teams are not well equipped with required skills and techniques to be able to deliver project goals and objectives. Research has shown that project management improvement initiatives improve project performance by up to a fifty percent for the first project and can continue for each new project done if the enterprise or company uses effective project management tools and techniques.
Project Management is the application of skills, techniques and knowledge and processes to manage projects, so as to deliver project goals and objectives on time, within budget and according to requirement (within the scope). This course is about getting things done which has become a key element in business success worldwide. Project management has its five laid down process groups which includes: INITIATION, PLANNING, MONITORING AND CONTROL, CLOSING.
Our Project Management training is aligned with the Project Management Institute (PMI) and based on the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK), the standard developed by the PMI. The PMI was created in 1969 with headquarter in Newtown Square, Pennsylvania, USA. The PMI is the foremost project management organization in the United States and has over 500,000 members throughout the world.
We provide private and in-company Project Management courses as well as our regular training. Call +234 092917056 to discuss.
At the end of this course, participants would have learnt how to successfully implement projects however big or small by using the concepts learnt to initiate, plan, execute, control and close projects. In addition, training objectives include the following:
» To learn how to be systematic and orderly in the handling of projects.
» To understand the new concept of Project Management created by PMI and apply same to get better results in their work.
» To learn how to be able to get more done while spending less.
» To prepare participants for the international certification exam.
The project management course is divided into ten knowledge areas which are:
1. Project Integration Management: This is the "soul" of project management, it includes the processes needed to initiate, plan, execute, monitor and successfully close a project. It connects all the other knowledge areas together hence the name integration.
2. Project Scope Management: Project Scope can be defined as the work required to be done in order to successfully complete a project.
3. Project Communication Management: It includes the processes required to ensure timely and appropriate generation, collection, distribution, retrieval, and ultimate disposition of project information.
4. Project Human Resource Management: It includes the processes that are used by the project management team to organize, manage and give leadership to the project team.
5. Project Quality Management: It encompasses all the activities and processes that are required to determine policies and objectives responsible for making the project satisfy the needs of its stakeholders and to ensure the project's objectives are fulfilled.
6. Project Time Management: It involves how to determine project activities, how the activities will be carried out, what is needed to carry out the activities and their duration to ensure that the project is completed on time.
7. Project Risk Management: This knowledge area deals with the management of any uncertain events or conditions that can likely affect the outcome of a project.
8. Project Cost Management: Project Cost Management is all about estimating cost, coming up with project budget and controlling cost so that the project can be completed without spending more than the approved cost.
9. Project Procurement Management: This includes contract management, incorporating the change control processes needed for developing and administering contracts issued by project team.
10. Project Stakeholder Management: This includes the processes required to identify the people, groups, or organizations that could impact or be impacted by the project, to analyze stakeholder expectations and their impact on the project, and to develop appropriate management strategies for effectively engaging stakeholders in project decisions and execution.
To request a quote or book a course fill in the form below and one of our training representative will be in contact as soon as possible to confirm your details and answer any questions.
Office hours are Monday-Friday 8.30am-5.00pm.
This course can be run in-company anywhere in the world and we can tailor the content to focus on your requirements.
Who is this course for?
Business Analysts, Project Managers, Consultants, IT Professionals and anyone who wants to increase his/her ability to effectively manage projects.